In 1910, master stone craftsman Dominick DiPietro immigrated to Harrison, New York from Sicily. In 1922 he opened Rye Monument Works Inc. opposite Greenwood Union Cemetery in Rye, New York. DiPietro serviced the community with monuments and memorials; carving each monument with a hammer and chisel and erecting them using a team of ox.
When Dominick retired, his son, Sebastian, took over. When Sebastian retired, the torch was passed to his two sons, Theodore and Douglas. In 1987 Rye Marble Inc. was founded and the company began fabricating stone countertops.
Today, Rye Marble is run by a fourth generation of DiPietro’s, brothers Alex and Greg.
Rye Marble still stands in the exact same place where it was founded almost 100 years ago. We are proud to call ourselves New York’s original stone shop and Rye’s oldest continuous business.